2019 Mercedes Benz CLS India Launch Specific Car comes with a BSVI engine that can run on BSIV fuel
Mercedes-Benz today introduced the new CLS, the dynamic and elegant four-door coupe, now in its third generation. The new CLS dream car pioneers the stylish new design idiom of Mercedes-Benz. The four-cylinder BS VI engine in the CLS 300 d churns out 245 bhp, which allows the CLS to attain 100 km/h from standstill in just 6.4 seconds. With the introduction of the new CLS, Mercedes-Benz continues to raise the bar and increasing the portfolio of options. The new CLS was launched today by Mr. Michael Jopp, Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India, and will be available across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country.
Technical specifications of the new Mercedes-Benz CLS
Cylinder arrangement/number In line/4 (BS VI)
Displacement 1950 cc
Power 180 kW (245 hp) at 4200 rpm
Peak Torque 500 Nm at 1600 – 2400 rpm
Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 6.4 s
Top Speed 250 km/h
Gross vehicle weight 2445 kg
The interiors of the new CLS have been significantly enhanced with a high-resolution 12.3-inch media display screen along with a digital cockpit with three selectable display styles – Classic, Sporty and Progressive – along with a new generation telematics, which includes the Audio 20 with NTG 5.5. The 64 colours ambient lighting along with illuminated air vents further highlight the interiors and promote a sense of well-being while driving. The vehicle also offers Smartphone Integration, which supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The new CLS comes with stylish Multibeam LED headlamps with adaptive high beam assist, all new 18-inch alloys and an electric sliding sunroof with Pre-safe closing function.
Highlights from the launch:
• The new CLS 300 d is the first car to incorporate the new Mercedes-Benz design idiom of “sensual purity” in a stylish coupe body
• The new BS VI diesel engine churns out 180 kW and a peak torque of 500 Nm at 1600-2400 rpm; helps the CLS 300 d accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.4 seconds
• The interiors of the new CLS have been enhanced with a high resolution 12.3-inch media display screen along with a digital cockpit with three selectable display styles and new generation telematics which includes the Audio 20 with NTG 5.5
• The new CLS is installed with Burmester surround sound system which includes 13 high-performance speakers precisely tailored to the vehicle interiors which provides an acoustic experience
• Ambient lighting in 64 colours along with illuminated air vents stunningly highlight the interiors of the new CLS
• The CLS that opened up a whole new dimension of lighting technology is MULTIBEAM LED headlamps enabled
• The new CLS is offered with a wide range of exterior paint work including Graphite Grey, Ruby Black and Designo Selenite Grey Magno
• The new Mercedes-Benz CLS 300 d is priced starting INR 84.70 Lakhs ex-showroom, all India
The new Mercedes-Benz CLS 300 d is priced starting INR 84.70 Lakhs ex-showroom, all India.