BMW F900R and F900XR in the Adventure Sport segment, BMW Motorrad is further expanding its product range for the popular mid-range. Both models offer sporty riding fun, straightforward handling and a unique range of equipment options, packaged to offer attractive value for money. Based on a powerful shared backbone, the two models differ significantly in terms of character and positioning.
“XR” stands for an uncompromising mix of sportiness and touring capability. Having established this family with the BMW S 1000 XR, BMW Motorrad is now expanding it with the addition of a mid-range model. The design style and vehicle concept clear refer to the kinship with the “big sister”.
The F 900 XR also demonstrates easy mastery of the Adventure Sport segment’s key qualities: sporty riding dynamics combined with upright, GS‑like ergonomics, outstanding long-distance and passenger suitability and a design that conveys a powerful sense of character.
The new F 900 XR also benefits from the technology transfer from the upper class: Adaptive Cornering Light, Keyless Ride or Intelligent Emergency Call are all unique features in the mid-range. In addition to sporty riders, the XR is also aimed at newcomers and motorcycle returnees due to its easy accessibility, low minimum seat height, A2 capability and attractive entry price.
BMW F900R and F900XR currently set the technological benchmark in the mid-range segment with their high-quality standard equipment (Connectivity, LED all round as standard) and their wide range of optional extras – in some cases unique in this class (including Adaptive Cornering Light, Keyless Ride, Dynamic ESA, Riding Modes Pro, Shift Assistant Pro, Intelligent Emergency Call, ABS Pro, MSR, DTC, DBC, RDC).
The highlights of the new BMW F900R and F900XR:
• The powerful common backbone integrates the further developed
2-cylinder in-line engine with an increased capacity of 895 cc
(previously 853 cc).
• Further enhanced output and torque: 77 kW (105 hp) at 8 750 rpm and 92 Nm at 6 500 rpm.
• More than 87 Nm torque in the relevant lower speed range from 4500 to 8 500 rpm.
• 35 kW (48 hp) version available for licence class A2.
• High level of running smoothness due to two opposed counterbalance shafts.
• Two riding modes “Rain” and “Road” as well as ABS and ASC as standard.
• Riding Modes Pro with two further riding modes as well as Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), ABS Pro, Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) and engine drag torque control (MSR) as ex works options.
• Steel bridge frame for optimum rigidity, robustness and riding precision.
• Newly developed slim steel rear frame.
• World first in motorcycle construction: light, plastic-welded fuel tanks with a capacity of 13 litres (F 900 R) and 15.5 litres (F 900 XR).
• Front upside-down telescopic fork and aluminium double-sided swinging arm with rear central suspension strut.
• Spring travel: 135 mm (F 900 R) and 170 mm (F 900 XR) at front, 142 mm (F 900 R) and 172 mm (F 900 XR) at rear.
• Electronic suspension adjustment Dynamic ESA at rear as an ex works option.
• ABS Pro for even greater safety when braking at an angle as an ex works option.
• Sophisticated ergonomics and numerous seat alternatives.
• Fairing with practical wind and weather protection and adjustable windshield (F 900 XR).
• Adaptive Cornering Light unique in the mid-range as part of the ex works option Headlight Pro.
• Perfectly readable colour 6.5-inch TFT screen with BMW motorcycle connectivity as standard.
• Powerful LED lighting units all round as standard.
• Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for swift assistance in emergency situations.
• Keyless Ride for convenient activation of the locking functions by remote control as an ex works option.
• F 900 R in dynamic roadster design with muscular front section, aggressive headlight graphics and short, slim rear section.
• F 900 XR in Adventure Sport look with striking contours and sporty, dynamic fairing.
• High-quality workmanship down to the last detail.
• Three powerful colour and style variants each for unmistakable roadster and adventure sport characters.
• Extensive range of optional extras and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories as well as rider equipment.