Greaves Cotton Limited, one of India’s leading diversified engineering companies, showcased its EV might at the ongoing Auto Expo 2023 in Greater Noida today. The Company unveiled its new, Made in India product offerings across two-wheelers and three-wheelers including the game changing e2w – Ampere Primus. Significantly, Greaves Cotton announced it will leverage its decades of engineering expertise to manufacture powertrains as it aims to lead last-mile passenger and cargo mobility through a complete EV ecosystem stack.
Since its foray into sustainable mobility, Greaves has committed a capital investment of INR 1500 crores to boost India’s EV ecosystem to include:
● Feature Rich Electric Ampere Two Wheelers – Ampere Primus, the high-speed B2C e-scooter targeted at modern millennials along with Ampere NXG and Ampere NXU
● Futuristic Greaves Electric Three Wheelers – Greaves [Atindra1] ELP, the passenger e3w; Greaves ELC, the cargo e3w; and Greaves Aero Vision, a futuristic cargo concept embodying performance and efficiency
● Powertrain to Power the EV Industry – To introduce motor-controllers, & integration software to meet the emerging needs of the EV ecosystem
● Growth of Greaves Finance and Greaves Retail – Shared initiatives undertaken with multi-brand retail stores offering 15+ EVs, 50+ models, EV service and spares, in addition to EV financing for EV adoption across India
Electric Mobility continues to see steep growth on the back of a collective global response to the climate crisis caused by fossil fuel use. Greaves Cotton has delivered a real impact on the sustainability front by helping save over 35 million liters of fuel through 1.3 billion[Atindra2] + electric kilometers driven by the Company’s customers.
With technology as a key differentiator, the e-powertrain suite will be characterized by cutting-edge design, engineering, materials chemistry, weight and aesthetics that will be customized to the needs of OEM customers. Each product will continue to represent the Company’s “Make in India” commitment, with a high level of localization and components obtained domestically.
Unveils a full spectrum of 2& 3 wheelers across price points & consumer segments
New Ampere Primus, offering high-speed, performance and elegant styling
Targeted at modern millennial commuters and young families, Ampere Primus is poised to meet the needs of customers looking for higher speed, enhanced styling and better technology. The key highlights of the vehicle include:
● Performance – Top speed of 77 kmph, 0-40kmph < 5 sec, efficient high torque 4 kW mid-mount motor & a true range of 100+ km on a full charge. Primus can be driven in 4 modes - Eco, City, Power, and Reverse modes for optimum rideability. ● Safety – 3 Kwh LFP battery technology with smart BMS that is phase 1, AIS 156 compliant ● Durability – Longer battery life with LFP chemistry ● Smart – Bluetooth connectivity & navigation with phone app for convenience ● Comfort – Longer legroom, wider seats, better driveability ● Style – Elegant styling with 4 metallic matt colours including Himalayan White, Royal Orange, Havelock Blue & Buck Black. Dual tone body panels In addition to the Primus, the company unveiled 5 additional new product concepts to meet consumer needs across segments and price points. These include: ● Ampere NXG, a sophisticated and stylish electric scooter with IoT connectivity for the discerning customers in the passenger mobility space ● Ampere NXU, a robust, & connected B2B electric scooter for multiple commercial applications, for the gig economy. It can also be a personal use vehicle for the family
Greaves Electric [Atindra3] makes electric three-wheelers look cool
With the commitment to usher India towards a sustainable future with last-mile mobility, Greaves unveiled 3 wheelers for passenger and cargo mobility
● Greaves ELP – an electric passenger 3 wheeler that will empower auto drivers with disruptive cost savings
● Greaves ELC – an electric cargo 3 wheeler that will meet the ever-growing demand in moving cargo, at a much lower cost to serve
● Greaves Aero Vision – a futuristic cargo concept that will ensure the needs of efficiency and performance are met in the evolving cargo mobility segment.
Each product will continue to embody the company’s ‘Make-in-India’ thrust, with a high degree of localization with domestically sourced components.