Mahindra today announced that its legendary SUV, the All-New Thar has now crossed 15,000 bookings, since its launch on October 2, 2020. Today 57% of all buyers of the All-New Thar are first time car buyers and a significantly large share of all bookings are for the Automatic variants.
Commenting on the booking milestone, Veejay Nakra, Chief Executive Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “We are delighted with this overwhelming response received for the All-New Thar, having crossed 15,000 bookings as on date. What is particularly interesting is that there is an acceptance of the All-New Thar amongst a larger base of lifestyle seekers, beyond the traditional lovers of this iconic brand. Given this overwhelming response, we are substantially ramping up our capacity”.
As one of the most anticipated launches in the industry, the All-New Thar has garnered a lot of interest from buyers and auto experts alike. Since its launch on October 2, 2020, the All-New Thar has received over 65,000 enquiries and more than 8 lakh website visitors.
The Brand New Mahindra Thar has the following features:
• All-new BS-6 compliant Engine options: The 2.0 litre mStallion TGDi Petrol engine and the 2.2 litre mHawk Diesel engine
• New Gearbox options: 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission & 6-speed manual transmission mated to an authentic manual shift-on-the-fly 4×4 transfer case
• All-new Roof options: A Hard Top, a first-in-class Convertible Top and an optional Soft Top
• All-new Seating options: 4 front-facing seats & 2+4 side-facing seats
• All-new Technology Features: Drizzle resistant 17.8 cm touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, adventure statistics display and a whole lot more
• All-new Comfort and Convenience Features: Sporty front seats, roof-mounted speakers and lots more
• New Safety Features: ABS + EBD, Dual airbags, ESP with rollover mitigation, Hill-hold and hill descent control
• 18 cm Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation
• First-in-Class Adventure Statistics Display on the Infotainment System
• First-in-Class Adventure Connect: Mahindra Adventure Calendar Display
• First-in-Class Smart Watch & Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
• TFT Multi Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
• Electronic HVAC Controls
• Drizzle resistant (IP54 Standard) dashboard switches
• First-in-Class Tyretronics: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
• First-in-Class Tyre Direction Monitoring System
• Cruise Control
• Steering Mounted Audio & Phone Controls