Celebrating its first anniversary, Mahindra today announced that its legendary SUV, the All-New Thar has now crossed 75,000 bookings, since its launch on October 2, 2020. Today 57% of all buyers of the All-New Thar are first time car buyers and a significantly large share of all bookings are for the Automatic variants. Not surprising that millennials account for over 40 per cent of bookings. Another interesting fact is that almost 50 per cent of the bookings are for the automatic variant and 25 per cent of the total bookings are for the Petrol variant. The last generation Thar was available only with diesel engines and manual gearbox option. Today, the All-New Thar is the largest selling 4WD vehicle in India
The company has fast-tracked the process of increasing production capacity both at its Nasik facility and at the supplier-end to meet the demand for the All-New Thar and reduce the waiting period for customers.
The Brand New Mahindra Thar has the following features:
• All-new BS-6 compliant Engine options: The 2.0 litre mStallion TGDi Petrol engine and the 2.2 litre mHawk Diesel engine
• New Gearbox options: 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission & 6-speed manual transmission mated to an authentic manual shift-on-the-fly 4×4 transfer case
• All-new Roof options: A Hard Top, a first-in-class Convertible Top and an optional Soft Top
• All-new Seating options: 4 front-facing seats & 2+4 side-facing seats
• All-new Technology Features: Drizzle resistant 17.8 cm touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, adventure statistics display and a whole lot more
• All-new Comfort and Convenience Features: Sporty front seats, roof-mounted speakers and lots more
• New Safety Features: ABS + EBD, Dual airbags, ESP with rollover mitigation, Hill-hold and hill descent control
• 18 cm Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation
• First-in-Class Adventure Statistics Display on the Infotainment System
• First-in-Class Adventure Connect: Mahindra Adventure Calendar Display
• First-in-Class Smart Watch & Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
• TFT Multi Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
• Electronic HVAC Controls
• Drizzle resistant (IP54 Standard) dashboard switches
• First-in-Class Tyretronics: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
• First-in-Class Tyre Direction Monitoring System
• Cruise Control
• Steering Mounted Audio & Phone Controls
The All-New Thar is one of the most heralded 4x4s in the country, winning over 19 awards since its launch last year.
Expeditions by Mahindra Adventure such as the Royal Escape in Rajasthan and Trans- Arunachal drive gave an unparalleled off-roading experience to the enthusiasts.
The All-New Thar also scaled the Siachen Glacier from Delhi with eight differently abled people and members ‘C.L.A.W. ('Conquer Land Air Water) Global’ setting a new Land World Record.
In order to provide an authentic SUV and off-roading experience to Thar customers,Mahindra Adventure has launched an Off-Road fundamentals course at its Off-Roading Academy campus in Igatpuri. The course will also be extended in other cities and it will be introduced in the specialty driver training programs to add to their skills.
The iconic Thar, across its generations, has been a strong catalyst in building a mighty community which Mahindra is nurturing and growing. On 15th August 2021, Mahindra organized the 2nd edition of Thar Freedom Drive in nine cities in which over 200 Thar owners participated.
Thar has a strong cult following amongst all model-level Indian automotive brand pages on Instagram (over 2.5 lakh followers) with very high levels of engagement.