Service on Wheels By Mercedes-Benz is making sure it reaches every nook and corner of the country and serve clients and provide them service and value
Mercedes-Benz launches the first-of-its-kind ‘Service on Wheels’ initiative in the luxury car segment; deepens its customer centricity and service differentiation commitment
‘Service on Wheels’ boasts of the largest state-of-the-art Digital Service Drive capable service trucks deployed by any automotive manufacturer in India. ‘Service on Wheels’ will feature two trucks; one catering to markets in the North & East and the other to South & West under Phase I roll-out.
• ‘Service on Wheels’ initiative offers unprecedented convenience to customers by offering vehicle care in locations distant from existing service network
• ‘Service on Wheels’ will travel to 15 Tier 2 & 3 markets likeJalgaon Gandhinagar, Jamnagar, Valsad, Kutch, Amravati, Udupi, Bellary, Dharwad, etc. in 2018 and to other markets in 2019
• This initiative will undertake First Free Inspection, Service A & B, and other jobs
• Customer benefit: Added transparency, a significant reduction in service time, first free inspection, hassle-free service experience at their doorstep
• Key features: ‘Service on Wheels’ truck carries necessary parts, tools and equipment like Mobile lifting platform, Standard and Special Tools, Generator, Diagnostic equipment and more
• ‘Service on Wheels’ trucks are state-of-the-art machines and well-equipped with Mercedes-Benz’s ‘Digital Service Drive’ capabilities
• Unique customer lounge: The‘Service on Wheels’ truck features customized interiors, comfortable seating space and can accommodate six people. Full vinyl flooring, 43” Smart Television &twosplit air-conditioners to ensure customer comfort at the lounge on wheels
• The customer reception for ‘Service on Wheels’ promises to be similar to a Mercedes-Benz workshop
• ‘Service on Wheels’ will be used extensively during Mercedes-Benz service camps, sales campaign and other service related activities
This initiative comprises a service truck equipped with all tools along with professional service personnel to attend to customer cars, especially in Tier 2and Tier 3cities where Mercedes-Benz doesn’t have a direct presence. On being notified, a mobile service truck will visit the customer’s area and carry out the inspection, repairs and service of the car, adding great value and convenience to the customers. This initiative is part of Mercedes-Benz’s hugely popular service differentiation strategy under the ‘My Mercedes, My Service’ umbrella, launched in July 2016.
‘Service on Wheels’ is a first-of-its-kind initiative in the Indian luxury car industry, which is highly customer-centric and tailor-made for the Indian market. This concept is a result of the Business Innovation project which is conceptualized by the employees of Mercedes-Benz India. It was launched by Mr.Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO and Mr.Santosh Iyer, Vice President-Customer Service, Retail Training and Corporate Affairs, Mercedes-Benz India in the key market of Amritsar today. The Phase I of ‘Service on Wheels’ will travel to 15 different Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets undertaking service-related requirements of customers in the remaining months of the 2018.
With a history of serving customers in India since the last 24 years, Mercedes-Benz is known to provide the best-in-class service to its patrons. ‘Service on Wheels’ is an easily accessible mobile service center for customers where a Mercedes-Benz dealership is not available conveniently. The technical team in the service truck inspects the car using a mobile lifting platform. Instances of the vehicle check comprise lights, windscreen, wipers, brake discs/pads, leaks, battery, etc.
Service related jobs are undertaken by ‘Service on Wheels’:
The ‘Service on Wheels’ truck will carry out first free inspection, Service A and Service B. This includes:
• Vehicle health check-up using Xentry
• Functional checks of the vehicle interior and exterior system
• Checks for leakages and damages to the vehicle and in the engine compartment
• Check the correctness of oil and fluids
• Checking the health of tires
• Checking and adjusting coolant levels
• Oil and oil filter replacement
• Checking the poly V-belt
• Replacement of the dust filters
• Checking the condition of the axle, axle joints, suspension struts and springs.
Specially trained service advisors, VPC (Vehicle Preparation Centre) technicians, sales advisors along with other support staff accompany the Mercedes-Benz ‘Service on Wheels’ truck at each visiting location. For more intense repair work including B&P (Body and Paint) works, the customer can also book workshop appointment at the ‘Service on Wheels’ by the Service Advisor. Additional elements of the mobile truck service include an exclusivelounge, where the customers can wait in comfort while the inspection of the car takes place.