2019 Mercedes-AMG G63 India launch has been done at an eye-watering 2.19 crores. The SUV is fast off the road and on the road as well
Mercedes-Benz today launched the iconic performance off-roader the new Mercedes-AMG G 63. With the launch of the new AMG G 63, the G-Class from Mercedes-Benz undergoes the biggest change in its history. The G 63 is the original among the performance off-roaders and is the yardstick for all competitors and this is true for the new generation as well. The new AMG G 63 can do everything better than the preceding models, while retaining its core virtues.
Powered by a 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine that generates an astonishing 430 kW (585 hp) of power, helps it attain 100 km/h from standstill in a mere 4.5 seconds. The newly developed AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension, the AMG-specific transmission modes and a torsionally rigid bodyshell mounted on a strong ladder-type chassis. The new AMG G 63 was launched today by Mr. Michael Jopp, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India.
Technical specifications of the new Mercedes-AMG G 63 at a glance
Engine 4.0-litre V8 with two turbochargers
Displacement 3982 cc
Output 430 kW (585 hp) at 6000 rpm
Peak Torque 850 Nm at 2500-3500 rpm
Drive system AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 40:60
Transmission AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G
Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 4.5 seconds
Top Speed 220 km/h
The AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission used in the new G 63 has a model-specific software application to achieve very short shift times. The multiple downshift function allows more spontaneous bursts of speed, while the double-declutching function in “Sport” and “Sport Plus” transmission modes makes for an even more emotional driving experience.
The standard-specification AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive features rear-biased torque distribution with a front/rear split of 40 to 60 percent. In the preceding model, the distribution was still a neutral 50:50. The differential locks now respond to the switches even more rapidly, as they are electromechanically actuated and fully networked. An LED and the central driver’s display indicate which lock is currently active.
For the first time in the history of the Mercedes-AMG G-Class, the driving characteristics can be individualised at the touch of a finger with five on-road and three off-road driving modes. With the five DYNAMIC SELECT on-road modes “Slippery”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport+” and “Individual”, the characteristics range from efficient and comfortable to very sporty. Three off-road modes – “Sand”, “Trail” and “Rock” – are available when driving off the beaten track.
The basis for the enormous off-road capabilities of the new AMG G 63 is provided by a torsionally rigid ladder-type frame of high-strength steel and a mounted body of composite construction. This design is considerably more robust and suitable for off-road operations than a unibody construction. The bodyshell consists of various grades of steel while the wings, bonnet and doors are made of aluminium.
The Active Brake Assist gives the driver a visual warning if the distance to the vehicle in front is too small. An audible warning sounds when a danger of collision is identified; it can also provide braking assistance in line with the situation at hand and, if the driver fails to react, initiate autonomous braking. Away from off-road terrain, Active Lane Keeping Assist can detect when the car leaves its lane unintentionally, warn the driver by making the steering wheel vibrate, and actuate the brakes on one side to help manoeuvre the vehicle back into its lane.
The optional Driving Assistance package includes Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC as well as Blind Spot Assist. This combination makes life easier for the driver when driving in convoy on motorways and main roads as well as in stop-and-go traffic, and it can enhance safety by monitoring the vehicle’s blind spot. The new G 63 cocoons the passengers with a total of 9 airbags. AMG high-performance braking system provide optimum deceleration whatever the terrain. Precise controllability and low response times ensure optimum safety on and off the road. The electric parking brake is integrated into the rear axle calliper and can be activated and released at the press of a button.
Key standard features:
• The new generation Mercedes-AMG G 63 has undergone the greatest change in its history – while remaining true to its well-proven virtues
• The AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission used in the G 63 has a model-specific software application to achieve very short shift times
• With adaptive adjustable damping, the AMG RIDE CONTROL suspension set-up makes it more capable off-road while it is dynamic and comfortable on the road
• The new bodyshell, mounted on a high-strength ladder-type frame, comes with increased torsional rigidity via a new material mix yet the SUV is 65 kgs lighter
• The new AMG G 63 is highly customisable with our renowned ‘designo’ platform
• The new Mercedes-AMG G 63 is priced starting INR 2.19 crore ex-showroom, all India
• Powerful 585 hp 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine is more efficient with the AMG Cylinder Management cylinder deactivation system | 850 Nm | 0 – 100 in just 4.5 seconds | to speed 220 km/h
• MUTIBEAM LED headlamps
• Burmester surround sound system with 15 speakers
• New COMAND online with NTG 5.5 generation
• Widescreen cockpit with two 12.3 inch displays
• 21” AMG alloys
• Park Pilot with 3600 surround view camera
• Exclusive Interior package with Nappa leather upholstery