Mercedes-Benz today further strengthened its AMG portfolio with the introduction of an all-new stylish performance SUVCoupé – the AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé. The launch of the AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ is a significant and strategic decision for Mercedes-Benz as it introduces for the first time in India, the much-awaited ‘AMG 53 series’. The new AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé that offers more power and performance dynamics also replaces the AMG 43 Coupé in India and further builds on to the strength of the popular GLE SUV portfolio. The car is priced at Rs 1.2 crore ex-showroom.
The vehicle combines sporty elegance and powerful performance with good off-road capabilities, innovative and intuitive technologies and intelligent driving assistance systems. The performance Coupé combines the advantages of a Mercedes SUV, through luxurious appointments, ample space for passengers and luggage, and is laden with technology and extensive safety features apart from its performance aspects.
Santosh Iyer, Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India launched the AMG GLE 53 Coupéin India at Mercedes-Benz India’s exclusive AMG Performance Centre in Mumbai following the new normal and through a physidigital event. The AMG GLE 53 Coupéwill be available across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships in India from today.
• Formidable six-cylinder performance and race-bred driving dynamics are the cornerstones of the AMG 53 range
• The AMG six-cylinder in-line engine with twin scroll turbocharging and F1 inspired48 V EQ-Boost achieves 435 HP and an additional temporary 22 HP and 250 NM of electric output |0 – 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds
• AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with seven drive programs: Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Individual, Trail and Sand
• Selectable AMG performance exhaust system | AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL+ with active roll stabilization system based on 48 V Technology configured to the hallmark AMG performance
• It is motorized by the renowned AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission
• Mercedes-Benz offers the most comprehensive SUV portfolio in the luxury car segment with 7 SUVs and SUV Coupés
• The AMG GLE 53 Coupé is equipped with Mercedes me connect that offers multiple convenient connect features likeremote engine start, remote lock/unlock, car locator, speed monitor, emergency e-Call which are accessible from the customer’s smart phone/tablet
• Features swanky new generation telematics, Mercedes-Benz User Experience (NTG 6.0) | Capable of ‘Over the Air’ updates
Launching the latest AMG in India, Santosh Iyer, Vice-President, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “The launch of the AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé is a strategic decision aimed at strengthening our AMG portfolio by introducing the much-awaited ‘AMG 53 series’ in India. The AMG portfolio is one of the fastest-growing segments for us and the addition of the ’53 series’ will further popularize the segment. The AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupéoffers more power and enhanced driving experience for the customers and it is the successor of the outgoing AMG GLE 43 in India. This new performance SUV Coupé will also diversify our successful GLE portfolio by catering to those AMG customers aspiring for a practical and stylish performance SUV Coupé from the all-new GLE range.”
“The new GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé is a very special vehicle, which combines style and elegance with the sporty characteristics of an AMG. An expression of performance luxury, we are confident it will deliver an engaging driving experience synonymous with an AMG. With its hallmark AMG features combined with the latest generation telematics supported by ‘Mercedes me’, the bold new addition to our GLE SUV portfolio will further cement our leadership position in the luxury performance car segment.”elaborated Mr. Iyer.
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé
Performance Data Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé
Engine arrangement/cylinders BS VI 6/in-line
Displacement (cc) 2999
Combustion engine output (kW/hp) @ rpm 320/435 @ 5500 – 6100 rpm
Output from EQ Boost (kW/hp) 16/22
Torque (Nm @ rpm) 520 @ 1800-5800
Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 5.3 seconds
Drive system 4MATIC+ with variable torque distribution
Transmission AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G