2020 Volkswagen Tiguan All Space India launch has been done. The 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan All Space India version is the long-wheelbase, 3 row seating version to make things more practical for the Indian market. This move is intended to strengthen the company’s SUV portfolio and push overall sales towards the north. Just so you know, German car maker launched Tiguan globally in 2016 in both long-wheelbase and short-wheelbase versions. Indian market received the latter though now the former is launched at Rs. 33.13 lakhs.
The speculation for long-wheelbase making its Indian debut has been rife since 2017 when VW launched Tiguan short-wheelbase version here. In fact, Skoda’s Kodiaq – which shares the platform with Tiguan – has been launched in India as a full-fat, three-row version with all the bells and whistles. The Kodiaq is branded as a luxury 4X4 SUV while Tiguan despite being having the 4WD capability wasn’t able to lure customers – thanks to its high starting price of Rs 28 lakh.
That said, things are changing for the Volkswagen as it gears to launch Tiguan Allspace here in India. The extra seating row and added dose of equipment have the potential to shift the customers’ opinion about the SUV. The company has decided to launch this long-wheelbase version as a replacement for existing 5-seat model.
Digital Cockpit: In the Active Info Display, the analogue dial gauges are shown only virtually. Drivers have access to a customized information display that shows additional data on driving dynamics, vehicle status, infotainment and assist functions in the centre area of the speedometer and rev counter.
Connectivity: The Tiguan Allspace is equipped with modern technology that can be used for the convenience of customers in an uncomplicated way. Whether one needs to make a call, navigation and latest traffic information or simply enjoy listening to music while driving. The Tiguan Allspace has it all with AppConnect, which uses MirrorLink™, CarPlay™ (Apple) or Android Auto™ (Google) to link all common smartphone types to the vehicle’s infotainment systems.
Park Assist: The Tiguan Allspace not only takes you to your destination, it finishes the job by putting you right into the parking spot. The Park Assist function measures spaces on the side of the street while you drive past. If it finds a suitable parallel or perpendicular space, it takes over the steering to maneuver the vehicle into the spot.
The keyless entry with electrically-operated tailgate opening operation, provided you have the key on you, simply takes a flick of the foot under the rear of the vehicle to open the electric tailgate and store in all your luggage.
Safety is synonymous with Volkswagen
· Airbags: The Tiguan Allspace comprises of 7-airbags and provides the best possible protection in the event any impact
· Electronic stability Programme (ESP): Prevent the vehicle from being destabilized in extreme conditions
· Anti-lock braking system (ABS): Prevents wheel block and, thus, maintains maneuverability
· Electronic differential lock (EDL): Distributes the engine power to the wheels as required
· Seat belt warning: If the seat belt is not fastened, the seat belt warning reminds the driver and occupants to fasten the belt with a visual warning and an acoustic warning after setting off
· ISOFIX: It is an international standard designed to ensure children’s car seats are installed easily and safely
· Tyre Pressure Monitoring: Provides tyre pressure information through
instrument panel in the Dashboard from sensors on each wheel
Colour Palette: The Tiguan Allspace is available in 7 colors (just like the 7 seats):
Deep Black Pearl