Heavily Facelifted 2021 Audi A4 has been the much-awaited sedan from Audi India. The model is their bread and butter despite a SUV boom in the Indian market and infact around the world too. That is how much the A4 is important. The 2021 Audi A4 India specific facelift model was launched globally in late 2019 and it took the company almost 1 year to bring it to our shores. What we get different as usual is the variant strategy, nothing more. We did get a minor revision in early 2020 with the diesel gone and petrol being available which was the 1.4 TSi version. Now things have changed. 2021 Audi A4 India specific model is finally here and its launched in two variants.
In terms of design and style, the new model has got a comprehensive makeover with revised front and rear bumpers, a larger front grille, and redesigned LED headlamps and DRLs. In the profile, the new A4 comes equipped with new design alloys and a prominent shoulder line. The design of tail lamps has also received an update and the addition of a chrome strip that connects the tail lamps bodes well for the sedan’s turnout.
The changes inside the cabin are subtle. The dashboard is laid out very cleanly and AC vents stretching across the width of the dash is particularly eye-catching. The biggest change inside manifests in the form of a large 10.1-inch touch screen infotainment system which is mounted high up the dashboard in the new model. Note that unlike the Q8, A8L, and A6, the new Audi A4 features physical buttons for climate control – which is indeed a good thing.
· Crisply-styled interior is defined by clean horizontal lines.
· Large MMI touch display is the control center for the new operating system.
· The contour/ambient lighting package adds highlights to the interior in the dark with 30 color options to choose from.
· New Comfort key allows keyless entry and gesture-based boot lid opening for maximum convenience.
· Audi Phone box with wireless charging for your smartphone.
· Audi Exclusive Piano Black inlays with leather and leatherette upholstery set the tone in the premium cabin.
· Park Assist with parking Aid Plus ensures a stress-free experience.
· Power front seats with memory feature for driver’s seat.
· 3 Zone climate control ensures comfort for all onboard.
· With its new MMI system, the highly connected new Audi A4 offers a user experience similar to a contemporary smartphone.
· MMI touch display has acoustic feedback with a high-resolution TFT display measuring 25.65 cms.
· Audi Smartphone Interface is standard on the new Audi A4.
· Graphics are clean and legible and the menu structure with its tight hierarchies is tailored to user expectations and aims for easy operation.
· The MMI search is based on free text input and returns hits rapidly.
· Natural-language voice control, another function of the new system, understands many of the phrases used in everyday speech.
· MMI Navigation Plus features all-digital Audi Virtual Cockpit plus and is controlled using the multifunction steering wheel.
· Audi Virtual Cockpit plus comes with a new ‘Sport’ display option.
2021 Audi A4 India specific model comes powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged petrol engine which is capable of putting out 190 hp of Max Power and 320 Nm of torque. Compared to the outgoing model’s 150 hp derived from the 1.4-liter turbo petrol, the increase in the output of the new model is quite substantial. The transmission option available on the new version will be a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. 0-100 km/hr is done in 7.3 seconds! The 12V Mild Hybrid System minimizes fuel consumption while maximizing comfort. Mild Hybrid System comes with a Belt alternator starter which shuts off the engine while coasting up to 10 sec between 55 & 160 kmph. There is also brake recuperation with the powertrain.
It is important to note that Audi will not offer a diesel variant on the upcoming 2021 Audi A4 India specific model which means the new model will be available only in petrol guise. 2021 Audi A4 India Price starts from a good Rs. 42.3 lakhs and the top end Technology variant goes to Rs. 46.6 lakhs. 4 years Comprehensive Service Package as a pre-booking is being offered. Once launched, the new Audi A4 will be pitted against the likes of Volvo S60, Mercedes C-Class, BMW 3 Series, and Jaguar XE