Mercedes-Benz today announced the availability of the all-new GLA and the AMG GLA 35 4M across India where business is operational. Both these SUVs are also available at the company’s online store for those customers who prefer an online purchase. The GLA’s launch had been delayed from April to the end of May due to the disruption caused by the pandemic. However, based on increasing customer demand, to sustain the business continuity and support the economic sustenance of the retail network, the company has decided to offer these two new products for the customers in the market.
The striking front section exudes an air of self-confidence. The typical energetic look and thus the recognition value are highlighted by the new generation of headlamps – with an impressive high-tech appearance. The profile of the new GLA has an engaging appearance. The balanced and precisely defined proportions appeal with their stretched lines and extended wheelbase.
The Progressive design and the elaborate equipment line substantially enhances the car’s appeal. From every perspective the excitement and high-quality technology associated with GLA are intensified. The interior combines sportiness with an even more generous sense of space. It meets the highest of aesthetic standards and adds this to a versatility of design preferred by young customers.
Highlights of the latest features and technologies on-board:
New GLA is leaps ahead of its predecessor and competitors. It offers way more value to customers with a host of features like:
• NTG 6 with MBUX | Mercedes me connect | HD Media Display | Autonomous active brake assist | Complete digital instrument panel | Media display with touchscreen
• In addition, for occupants’ comfort, features like two zone air conditioner, front wireless charger, touchpad and a panoramic sunroof are provided.
New GLA features the new telematics generation MBUX (NTG6) and features the latest software version. MBUX is a holistic telematics concept, which interweaves a 10.25 inch touchscreen, touchpad with haptic feedback, and touch control buttons in the steering wheel into a simplified and modern intuitive user interface.
The high-quality 2D or 3D map displays recommend the ideal lane for your next driving manoeuvre. The system will first determine the route you require. This can be the fastest way or, for example, a toll-free connection.
You enter the data as you wish – on the touch screen, or using the touchpad, the Touch Control buttons or MBUX. The system even understands you in colloquial language. Say “Hello Mercedes, take me to…” and indicate a desired location. And route guidance promptly starts, right away. Another special feature is “what3words”. This innovative coordinates system determines every single point on earth with exactly three words.
The advantage of Mercedes me connected services
Full control, anytime, anywhere through your Smartphone, the In-car functionalities and from the comfort of your home through voice assistances like Alexa and Google Home. The Vehicle Set-Up app on smartphone allows changing settings and retrieval of information remotely. For example, one can, send addresses to your navigation system or lock the doors. For MBUX and Mmc to be fully functional the car needs to be paired with user/owner and he/she has to activate all services after accepting all terms and conditions.
New GLA offers new diesel and petrol engine with powerful propulsion with low fuel consumption. The dual clutch transmissions combine driving pleasure with high levels of comfort.
Progressive Line would be available in 5 colours with 2 upholstery offering and Brown open-pore wood trim. Beige upholstery would be provided with all 5 colours while Black upholstery would be given only with Polar White and Iridium Silver. AMG Line would be available in 5 colours with Black Dinamica Microfiber upholstery and Aluminium trim.
8 year Engine and Transmission warranty for the New GLA:
• Engine, torque converter, transmission, associated electrical and electronics
• Fully transferable to next owner
• Repairs* coverage for 8 years/unlimited kms
• Valid across all dealer network
* Repairs of failure due to a manufacturing defect
Attractive service package:
• Compact Service Package for petrol GLA 200 starts at Rs. 61,200 for 2 years
• Compact Service package for diesel GLA 220d starts at Rs. 73,200 for 2 years
Top highlights of the Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 4MATIC SUV that makes it distinguished (On top of the feature enrichments and technology in the GLA series car):
1. ‘Made in India’ Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 4MATIC SUV which will drive value to the AMG customers following the market success of the AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe and AMG A 35 4MATIC Saloon
2. Powerful performance and drive experience synonymous with AMG: 225 kW engine, 4MATIC
3. Adaptive AMG suspension
4. SUPERSPORT STEERING WHEEL – LEATHER EMBOSSED
5. AMG SPORTS PACKAGE Exterior
6. High end Burmester Sound System with 12 speakers 590 W
7. Sports Seats with DINAMICA Upholstery
8. AMG SPOKE WHEELS 19″ ALL ROUND
9. PARKING PACKAGE | Active park Assist
10. MULTIBEAM Headlamps
11. Best-in-class 8 years warranty on Engine and Transmission in addition to segment-leading 3 years Comprehensive warranty.
• Introductory prices until 30th June 2021:
o GLA 200 (Rs. 42.10 lakhs) | GLA 220d (Rs. 43.7 lakhs) | GLA 220d 4M (Rs. 46.7 lakhs) | AMG GLA 35 4M (Rs.57.3 lakhs) all prices ex-showroom India
o GLA prices to be revised upwards by up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs from 1st July 2021