Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India today launched the all new OBD2 compliant 2023 Activa125 with Enhanced Smart Power (eSP).
1. Unique Honda ACG Starter: It starts the engine jolt free via the same AC generator used to generate current and charge the battery while riding. This eliminates the need for a conventional starter motor, thus, there are no gear meshing noises.
Two mechanical features lead to engine start with less effort – the first being efficient utilization of decompression with slightly opened exhaust valves (at the beginning of compression stroke) followed by the Swing Back feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction, which allows the piston to take a ‘running start’, making it easier to start the engine with a small amount of power. The Start Solenoid, acting as an automatic choke system ensures rich air fuel mixture and provides the convenience of one time start at any point of time.
The Honda ACG starter also ensures comfortable frequent operation of Idling Stop System*. The Idling Stop System automatically switches the engine off at the traffic light and other brief stops, eliminating unnecessary fuel consumption and resulting in lesser emission. Engine can easily be re-started with a simple twist of the throttle.
2. Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): It injects the right amount of fuel in cylinder based on specific engine data and constant feedback from the 6 intelligent sensors. It results in smooth and linear power output throughout.
3. Tumble Flow: Honda developed the world’s first tumble flow technology through integrated die-casting process. The enhanced Smart Tumble Technology (eSTT) produces tumble flow by optimizing inlet port shape and using reverse flow phenomenon, without adding additional components leading to combustion improvisation.
4. Friction Reduction: Offset Cylinder, compact weight crankshaft & optimized piston reduces overall engine friction. Optimized weight results in improved fuel efficiency.
New Activa125 comes with Fuel Efficient tyres which are specially developed by Honda with a new tyre compound technology. Side Stand with Engine Inhibitor** prevents engine start while the side stand is engaged enabling a convenient and carefree ride. The 2023 Activa125 is equipped with Digi-Analog Instrument Cluster** provides additional information like Total Trip, Clock, ECO Indicator and Service Due Indicator with and other fuel efficiency-related information.
The Honda Smart Key System incorporates the following features:
1. Smart Find: Answer back system in the smart key assists in easily locating the vehicle. When the answer back button is pressed on the Honda SMART Key, all 4 winkers will blink twice to locate the scooter.
2. Smart Unlock: The Smart Key System is a newer technology feature that makes it possible to lock and unlock the vehicle without using a physical key. In case the system detects no activity for 20 seconds after activation, the scooter automatically gets deactivated.
3. Smart Start: If the smart key is within the range of 2 meters of the vehicle, then the rider can smoothly start the vehicle by rotating the knob on the Loc Mod to ignition position and push the start button without even taking out the key.
4. Smart Safe: Activa125 has a Mapped Smart ECU which acts as a security device by electronically matching (ID) between the ECU and SMART Key, therefore preventing vehicle theft. The smart key has an immobilizer system which prevents a non-registered key from starting the engine. Without secure connection with Smart Key, Immobilizer System is not activated.
Engine Start/Stop Switch***: The two-way functioning switch can be used to start the engine when pressed downwards and acts as an engine kill switch when pressed upward.
2023 Activa 125 also comes equipped with a unique Two Lid Fuel Opening System which ensures maximum convenience and reliability to the rider. The 18L storage space has been redesigned to optimise the space and accommodate a little more stuff apart from the helmet. The H-Smart variant comes with a Lock Mod which facilitates 5 in 1 function (lock handle, ignition OFF, fuel lid open, seat open & ignition ON) without the need to insert a physical key. Passing Switch provides the convenience of controlling high beam/low beam & passing signal from one single switch. Honda Activa125 comes with a Spacious NEWOpen Front Glove Box which gives you additional storage space.
The 2023 Activa 125 has a strong metal body that fulfils the promise of reliability and durability. Making every ride on Activa125 comfortable and convenient, is the Combi-Brake System (CBS) with Equalizer and 3-step adjustable rear suspension. Telescopic Suspension provides a confident & smoother ride with class-leading ground clearance. Activa125 comes with Tubeless Frictionless tyres which boosts rider confidence by providing superior handling. It reduces energy loss while maintaining optimum grip.
2023 Activa 125 comes with a full LED headlamp and restyled signature LED position lamps. A new grabrail and designed Tail are offered with the overall design of the scooter.
2023 Activa 125 will be available in four variants (Smart, Disc, Drum Alloy and Drum) and 5 colour options (Pearl Night Start Black, Heavy Gray Metallic (Not available in Drum variant), Rebel Red Metallic, Pearl Precious White & Mid Night Blue Metallic).
Variant: Price: (ex-showroom, Delhi)
H-Smart Rs. 88,093
Disc Rs. 86,093
Drum Alloy Rs. 82,588
Drum Rs. 78,920