BMW Motorrad is introducing the new S 1000 XR, an enhanced version of the successful long-distance sports bike and multiple test winner. Increased engine power, improved ergonomics, design refinements, and expanded standard features define the model’s upgrades.
The reworked in-line 4-cylinder engine now delivers even more impressive performance, with a flow-optimised geometry for the intake channels and a power output of 125 kW (170 hp). The new S 1000 XR still shares its in-line 4-cylinder engine with the S 1000 RR, providing a smooth and powerful torque delivery and a harmonious power characteristic that contributes to excellent rideability. Compared to the predecessor model, the engine power has been increased by 4 kW (5 hp) to now 125 kW (170 hp) at an unchanged nominal engine speed of 11,000 rpm. The main reasons for the performance increase are a flow-optimised geometry of the intake channels and a customised mapping. The maximum torque generated is still 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm.
In order to provide even more freedom of movement, especially during high-performance riding on country roads and race tracks, the seat of the long-distance sports bike has been completely redesigned. It now offers an extra 10 mm of seat height (850 mm) and provides more space for the buttocks by increasing the usable length and width of the seat, allowing for better adjustment of the seating position depending on the riding conditions. The improved ergonomics make it easier for riders to manoeuvre the S 1000 XR on the road or on the race track, providing even better control. A total of three different seat heights are available.
The new S 1000 XR also benefits from redesigned elements in its design. The rear section now features new side panels and air intakes inspired by motorsports, giving it a more dynamic look. Additionally, the radiator trim now has a textured surface, and the previously black-coloured “beak” fender is now painted in body colour.
Extended range of standard equipment and new optional extras
/ Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
The new S 1000 XR comes with an expanded standard equipment list. As part of the standard equipment, Headlight Pro provides additional safety during night-time rides with its adaptive turning light. The rider benefits from improved road illumination in corners. The package also includes Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for better vehicle recognition during the day. Keyless Ride and a 12 Ah capacity battery are now standard features. Additionally, the new BMW S 1000 XR is equipped with a USB charging option as standard.
Other updates include the availability of the E-Call feature in the USA, the option to equip the S 1000 XR with the optional M GPS Laptrigger, and the availability of
M Carbon wheels as a new optional extra or as Original BMW Motorcycle accessories.
Three new attractive colour options.
Three new colour options reflect the dynamic character of the new BMW S 1000 XR.
• Blackstorm metallic
• Gravityblue metallic
• Lightwhite solid paint/Motorsport
(in conjunction with the M package and M seat).
The highlights of the new BMW M 1000 XR.
• Shift cam engine of the S RR, output 148 kW (201 hp) at 12,750 rpm, 23 kW (31 hp) more than in the new S 1000 XR. Max. torque of 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm.
• Shorter secondary gear ratio (sprocket with 47 teeth instead of 45).
• Shorter gear ratios of 4th, 5th and 6th gear.
• Optimised intake system with variable intake funnels for improved charge exchange at high engine speeds.
• Steeply angled titanium rear silencer with Carbon end cap.
• M Endurance chain.
• Riding modes “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic”, “Race” and “Race Pro1-3” as well as the latest generation of Dynamic Traction Control DTC and DTC wheelie function with
6-axis sensor box.
• Four adjustable throttle characteristics available now for optimum response.
“Engine Brake” with triple adjustability of engine drag torque in “Race Pro” mode.
• Brake Slide Assist assists the rider when brake drifting.
• Shift Assistant Pro for fast upshifts and downshifts without using the clutch.
• Launch Control for perfect race starts and Pit Lane Limiter for keeping to the given speed precisely in the pit lane.
• Hill Start Control Pro for comfortably starting off on inclines.
• M winglets: Brake later and accelerate earlier, plus more high-speed stability thanks to aerodynamic downforce.
• Upside-down forks with adjustable spring base in conjunction with standard DDC.
• M brakes on a long-distance sports bike from BMW Motorrad for the first time: The M XR offers maximum braking performance for riding on country roads and race tracks.
• Aluminium forged wheels.
• M Carbon wheels with M‑ tapes and M‑ lettering on the rim: High-grade, light, high-tech components deliver maximum performance as part of the optional M Competition Package.
• M handbrake and clutch lever.
• Adjustable steering damper.
• Milled-over handlebar clamp.
• Compared to the S 1000 XR with more front-oriented tubular handlebars featuring
laser-etched “BMW M XR” lettering.
• Handlebar end mirrors (optional).
• Headlights with iconic light signature and adaptive cornering lights (Headlight Pro).
• Small number plate holder.
• Instrument cluster with large, perfectly readable 6.5-inch TFT display, start-up animation with M logo and OBD interface for M GPS Datalogger and M GPS Laptrigger that can be used via unlock code.
• Rev counter (red area) displayed in a new design.
• Lightweight M battery, rear USB charging socket, powerful LED light units, electronic cruise control and heated grips.
• Keyless Ride.
• M Design and dynamic design signal ultimate roadster performance.
• M Competition Package as an optional extra ex works.
• RDC as standard.
• Extensive range of optional accessories and special equipment ex works.|