BS6 2020 Ford Ecosport Spied Testing – Launch Early 2020

Q4 FY 2019, and the BS6 compliance news is pretty much known to many. The addition of extra parts for making, the vehicles BS6 compliant will result in the sticker price going up, not sky-rocketing, but quite high. BS6 2020 Ford Ecosport test mule was recently spotted in Pune with emission testing equipment (RDE- Real Driving Emission) attached and ‘On test by ARAI’ badge that confirmed it was a BS6 model.

Ford has decided to make changes to a couple of engines, this includes a 1.5-litre Dragon series petrol motor and a 1.5-litre Diesel engine. Both the engines will be converted from BS4 to BS6 compliant motors and will be used for the upcoming batch. The 1.0-litre Ecoboost will be discontinued as upgrading it to the BS6 norms will add a big chunk of the unbearable cost plus the sales have been low.

The current Ford EcoSport that saw its latest refresh in price and variant in June 2019 houses a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, turbo-diesel mill and churns out 100 hp of power at 3750 RPM and 205 Nm of torque at 4500 RPM. This engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The petrol variant comes with a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder motor that maxes out 123 hp at 6500 RPM and 150 Nm of torque at 4500 RPM, this engine has an optional 5-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox. The fill the void caused by the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine’s removal from the line-up, Ford will likely introduce 1.2-litre turbo petrol that will be shared with the Mahindra XUV300.

Yes, Mahindra XUV300 will pack in the same motor. This is a part of their new joint venture wherein Mahindra will own 51% of stakes and Ford will own the remaining 49%. Ford will shut down all its independent operations in India as it has met the mark even after being around for almost 2 decades and investing 2 Billion dollars, approximately.

The slumped down sales are noticeable. The EcoSport sales dipped from 3137 units in July to 2882 units in August of FY 2019, that’s a decline of 8.13 per cent. What’s even worse is that the August 2019 sales are 35.02 per cent lower when compared to August 2018 sales.

BS6 2020 Ford Ecosport (2)

To push up the sales by a bit and clear the inventories, Ford has come up with various strategies for the current EcoSport. The plans include discounts and benefits up to Rs. 40,000 for September and also provide cash discounts worth Rs. 30,000 and woman’s discount worth Rs. 5000 and Rs. 5000 as a corporate discount.

Source

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.