Mahindra Marazzo Launched – Efficient in Every-way – Price Ends Where Innova’s Starts
Mahindra today launched the much awaited Marazzo. The Marazzo will be available at Mahindra dealerships pan India starting today, at an attractive launch price of Rs.9.99 lacs (ex-showroom) for the M2 variant.
Marazzo’s shark-inspired design is evident in its sleek and streamlined silhouette, in the front grille inserts which resemble the teeth of a shark, in the tail lamps that are inspired by a shark’s tail and a shark-fin antenna (as an accessory). Marazzo’s style-quotient is enhanced with projector headlamps, fog lamps with Daytime Running Lamps, elegant chrome finishes on exteriors, twin-spoke 17” machined alloy wheels.
Patented Body-on-frame, front-wheel drive architecture: Marazzo has a unique world-first architecture that provides drivers with a nimble “car-like” feel, being lighter than other similar vehicles, and also the toughness of a body-on-frame configuration.
The rear suspension of the Marazzo has a lightweight “twist beam” construction, which provides excellent ride and handling with the highest suspension travel of 245mm in the segment. The Marazzo chassis is anchored by a fully boxed frame and includes forged aluminium front suspension components. Its Front Wheel Drive layout sends power to the front wheels. The Marazzo delivers an excellent turning radius of 5.25m to enable the driver to get in and out of the tightest situations.
A comfortable step-in height of 465mm making it convenient for a woman in a saree or an elderly person without the use of a footboard. Marazzo will come in 7-seater and 8 seater options with the 7-seater offering captain seats in the 2nd row. The 2nd row (in 8-seater) & 3rd row come with a foldable 60:40 split for 1055 litres of luggage space when completely folded down.
Marazzo’s aerodynamic design ensures that powertrain and road NVH inputs are not amplified inside the vehicle. Marazzo is powered by a 1.5 litre, 4-cylinder D15 Diesel engine designed for low noise, vibration and harshness. Noise measured at the driver’s ear is only 43 decibels (driver ear noise at low idle).
Marazzo offers industry-first ‘Surround Cool Technology’ which, along with Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC), cools the cabin faster (36meter/sec airflow) than other vehicles in the segment. The ‘Surround Cool’ Technology offers passengers the choice between Direct Mode and Diffused Mode.
1. Dual-toned interiors with pearl white, piano black and chrome finishes
2. Contour-mapped leatherette seats with height-adjuster & lumber support for the driver
3. Cluster with purple illumination and a unique aircraft-inspired parking brake
4. 2nd row LHS seat with one-touch tumble down lever for 3rd row passengers to enter/exit
5. First-in-Class sunshade for 2nd row passengers
The Marazzo’s refined 1.5 litre 4-cylinder in placed in a transverse (east-west) layout, opening up a lot of space for the cabin. The engine produces 90.2kW (121 BHP) power and 300 Nm torque and is designed for low noise, vibration and harshness. It also offers an attractive ARAI-certified mileage of 17.3kmpl.
Safety for All: Marazzo offers a unique package of the following safety features across ALL variants –
1. Dual front airbags
2. INDUSTRY-FIRST Disc Brakes on all 4 wheels
3. ISOFIX child seat mounts
4. High-strength steel structure supported by a fully-boxed frame, collapsible steering column, crumple zones, side-impact beams
5. Impact-sensitive door locks
6. Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
1. 18 cm (7″) Colour Touch Screen Infotainment system: Haptics and Capsense Technology for a better touch and feel, iPod connectivity, picture viewer, USB audio/video, Bluetooth Audio
2. Turn by Turn Navigation Indicator in Cluster with on-board Navigation
3. Connectivity suite includes Android Auto, Mahindra BLUE SENSE App with Emergency Call
4. Voice Activated Controls for music system & Voice Assist Features such as voice recognition for infotainment and SMS read out
5. Steering-mounted audio and phone controls
M6 and M8 variants include Rear Parking Camera and Sensors, first-in-class Emergency Call and Cornering Lamp. Convenience features: Power-foldable ORVMs with Side Turn Indicators and Entry Assist Lamp, Follow-me-home & Lead-me-to-vehicle headlamps, Service Reminder, Cooled glove box, Sunglass holder, Conversation mirror, Cup-holders in every row & bottle-holders on all 4 doors, Multiple charging and media outlets. Marazzo has clearly what it take to taken down its rival with a efficient packaging.
M2 (7 seater) – Rs. 9.99 lakh
M2 (8 seater) – Rs. 10.04 lakh
M4 (7 seater) – Rs.10.95 lakh
M4 (8 seater) – Rs. 11.00 lakh
M6 (7 seater) – Rs. 12.40 lakh
M6 (8 seater) – Rs. 12.45 lakh
M8 (7 seater) – Rs. 13.90 lakh