Mahindra today launched the All-New Thar, the most eagerly awaited, legendary SUV, on the very day that the Mahindra Group celebrates its 75th anniversary. In its all-new avatar, the Thar will be available in two trims, namely AX & LX, with prices starting at₹9.80Lakh for AX series and ₹12.49Lakh for LX series (Ex-showroom Price, All India).*
Within the All-New Thar’s classic silhouette lies its contemporary styling, a quantum leap in terms of performance, everyday comfort & convenience, technology and safety. It will not only attract die-hard Thar enthusiasts but also appeal to all those who have always dreamt of owning an iconic vehicle, with all the bells and whistles of a contemporary SUV.
Booking for the All-New Thar open from today, October 2, 2020, and customers will have the option to book it by either logging on to https://auto.mahindra.com/buy/book-online?mgc=THRNor contacting their nearest dealerships. The All-New Thar can be booked with an initial payment of ₹. 21,000 and customers will have a plethora of options to choose from in terms of a wide range of variants, colours and customization options.
The unveiling of the All-New Thar trended nationwide amongst the top 3 with over 500K searches on August 15, 2020 (Source: https://trends.google.com/trends/trendingsearches/daily?geo=IN ). To put some numbers, the All-New Thar also saw over 15 Lakh website visitors and an overall digital reach of over 2.9 Crore.
Test drives for the All-New Thar will begin in phases, starting with 18 cities from today. The company will add 100 more cities on October 10, 2020, and test drives for the rest of the county will be available from October 15, 2020. For more details and updates on test drives, customers can visit https://auto.mahindra.com/test-drive?brand=thar. The deliveries for the All-New Thar will commence on November 1, 2020.
Designed and engineered in India and manufactured out of Mahindra’s Nashik Plant, the All-New Thar will be available in six colours, namely – Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Aquamarine.
All-New Thar – Variant-Wise Prices
About the All-New Thar
• Iconic Design
• LED Daytime Running Lamps
• Dual Tone Bumpers
• LED Tail Lamps
• 45.72 cm (R18) Deep Silver Alloy Wheels
• Choice of Three Roof Options: a Hard Top, First-in-Class Manual Convertible Top & a Fixed Soft Top
• Front Fog Lamps
• All-New Purposeful Interiors with an All-Black theme with Silver Accents
• Faux carbon-fibre detailing around the AC vents & centre bezel
The All-New Thar is powered by two all-new engines which set new standards in terms of performance, refinement and reliability. A first for Thar and Mahindra, the All-New Thar is powered by the 2.0L mStallionTGDi petrol engine, and by the 2.2L mHawk Diesel engine. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, with an authentic 4×4 manual shift transfer case with a low ratio.
• All-New mStallionTGDi Petrol Engine produces 112 kW (150 bhp) of power & 320 Nm of torque
• All-New mHawkCRDe Diesel Engine produces 97 kW (130 bhp) of power & 320 Nm of torque
• 6-Speed Manual Transmission & 6-Speed Automatic Transmission options
• Manual Shift 4×4 Transfer Case with Low Crawl Ratio
Legendary Off-Road Capability and Refined On-Road Driving Experience
Rough trips demand tough vehicles. That’s why the All-New Thar has been built on a rugged 3rd Generation chassis and tested extensively in some of the harshest terrain in India and across the world. It has an all-new suspension setup that delivers the impossible: better off-roading capability, as well as superior on-road handling and drive quality. The All-New Thar is also equipped with advanced off-road hardware that seriously improves its capability to go wherever and do whatever the driver demands of it.
• Authentic Body-on-Frame Construction- A True SUV
• Independent Front Suspension & Multi-Link Rear Suspension set-up
• 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
• Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
• First-in-Class Brake Locking Differential
• Class-leading approach (41.8 deg), departure (36.8 deg) & ramp over (27 deg) angles
• Ground clearance of 226mm
• Water wading depth of 650mm
• All-Terrain Tyres 255/65 R18, with White Lettering: The Largest Tyre in its Class
• First-in-Class Electromechanical Driveline Disconnect
Everyday Comfort & Convenience Features
The All-New Thar has been designed to provide amazing comfort & convenience in all driving conditions, be they off-road, on the highway or in the city. Special focus has been given to making the interior design as ergonomic as possible for all passengers, not just the driver.
• Sporty Front Seats
• Front-Facing Rear Seats with 50:50 split
• Roof mounted speakers
• Height Adjustable Driver Seat with Adjustable Lumbar Support
• One-Touch Tip & Slide Mechanism on the Co-Driver Seat
• Tilt Adjustable Steering Wheel
• Power Windows
• Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
• Central Locking with Remote Flip Key
• 17.7 cm Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation
• First-in-Class Adventure Statistics Display on the Infotainment System
• First-in-Class Adventure Connect:Mahindra Adventure Calendar Display
• First-in-Class Smart Watch & Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
• TFT Multi-Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
• Electronic HVAC Controls
• Dust & water resistant (IP54 Standard) interiors (Infotainment system, dashboard & steering switches)
• First-in-Class Tyretronics: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
• First-in-Class Tyre Direction Monitoring System
• Cruise Control
• Steering Mounted Audio & Phone Controls
• Crash-safety compliant bodyshell
• First-in-Class ESP with Rollover Mitigation
• First-in-Class Built-in Roll-cage with 3-Point Seat belts for all passengers
• Dual Airbags & ABS
• First-in-Class Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
• First-in-Class ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
• Intellipark: Rear Parking Sensors