BMW Motorrad and the purist, naked roadster powered by a boxer engine – this has always been a success story ever since BMW motorcycles have been around.
Whether on winding country roads, over soaring alpine passes, on a tour with a pillion or on a short, relaxing ride after work – the R 1250 R shines thanks to its sporty agility, comfort and the primal dynamic performance of the boxer engine. Now BMW Motorrad has given the R 1250 R some new standard features and optional extras – to generate even more intensive roadster enjoyment.
As before, the legendary 2-cylinder boxer engine provides powerful propulsion. It still has an engine capacity of 1,254 cm3 and, even in the current EU5 registration, generates 100 kW (136 hp). Thanks to BMW ShiftCam technology for varying valve timing and valve lift on the intake side, it delivers beefy power across the entire speed range, extremely smooth and quiet running and outstanding fuel consumption and emission values.
The highlights of the new BMW R 1250 R:
• Primal power boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve timings and valve stroke on the intake side.
• Generous power generation across the entire engine speed range, optimised fuel consumption and emission levels, increased running smoothness and refinement.
• Output and torque: 100 kW (136 hp) at 7,250 rpm and 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
• Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard
• BMW Motorrad ABS Pro (part integral) as standard.
• Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) as standard.
• Three riding modes as standard.
• “ECO” riding mode for particularly economical riding as standard.
• Riding modes Pro with additional riding modes and new riding mode preselection as well as engine drag torque control (MSR) as optional equipment ex works.
• “Sport” Core Screen as standard.
• New LED turn indicators and daytime running light as standard.
• On-board power socket and USB socket as standard.
• New full LED headlamp with adaptive turning light as an optional extra ex works.
• Seat heating for rider and pillion to make touring even more comfortable as an optional extra ex works.
• New solo rear special equipment.
• New special equipment spoke wheels.
• Intelligent Emergency Call as standard.
• Attractive base colour and two model variants Triple Black and Sport as optional extras ex works.
• Extended range of optional equipment items and original BMW Motorrad accessories.