Pitted squarely against the Honda Dio, Hero Xoom has got both the form and substance that makes it a formidable competitor in the 110-cc scooter segment. To make the comparison more interesting, we have also included TVS Jupiter (ZX SmartXonnect) and Honda Activa H-Smart’s top variant in the list of contenders. Here’s how these four scooters compare against each other on critical parameters of evaluation:
1) Engine and Transmission: Powered by a single-cylinder, air-cooled engine, all four scooters in this comparison offer almost similar performance on paper. Hero Xoom puts out the highest 8.1 hp of power while Honda Dio tops the torque chart at 9 Nm. Both Hero and TVS offer the start-stop technology whereas Honda eliminates Kickstarter with its top variant offering only the electric start system. Honda has also equipped its scooters with a silent start system and engine kill switch feature.
2) Tires and Suspension: Both TVS and Hero use 12-inch wheels at both ends with the latter offering the widest 100mm rear tire in this comparison. The telescopic fork front suspension and mono-shock set up at the rear are standard in all four scooters. Activa H-Smart is the first 110cc scooter from Honda that gets alloy wheels although none of the brand’s offerings featured here in this comparison gets the disc brake, not even as an optional feature.
3) Dimensions and weight: Hero and TVS are 4 kg heavier than both Honda scooters which tip the scale at 105 kg. Hero has the longest wheelbase of 1300mm although the fuel tank capacity of all scooters is similar. TVS boasts the highest ground clearance while except for Hero Xoom (770mm), none of the other scooters has disclosed the seat height of their offerings.
4) Features and Equipment: Hero Xoom is power packed with features and comes equipped with cornering lights, a digital dashboard with Bluetooth, and an i3s stop/start system. It also gets a USB charger, boot light, and two glove boxes though an external fuel-filling cap is not available on the Hero. Keyless ignition is one of the unique features available on Activa H-Smart though it’s Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect that offers the most comprehensive list of features. It gets a digital dashboard, Bluetooth technology, a glovebox with a USB charger, and an external fuel-filling cap.
5) Price: There is not much difference in the starting price of Hero Xoom and Honda Dio although the latter is bogged down by its basic appeal and average list of features. Honda Activa has the highest starting price among scooters in this comparison and TVS Jupiter is the costliest scooter when it comes to the price of the top trim.