Urban mobility with purely electric drive can now also be experienced in hallmark MINI style. The new Mini Cooper SE makes it possible. It combines sustainable mobility with the riding fun, expressive design and premium quality that are typical of MINI. As such, the first solely electrically powered model of the British brand offers pure MINI feeling with locally emissions-free driving.
The spontaneous power delivery of its 135 kW/184 hp motor, the brand-specific front-wheel drive, and the innovative driving dynamics system with wheel slip limiting close to the actuator, give the new MINI Cooper SE a particularly intense and unmistakable agility, known as the go-kart feeling. Its model-specific lithium-ion battery enables a range of 235 to 270 kilometres*. The high-voltage battery is situated deep in the vehicle floor, ensuring there are no limitations in terms of luggage compartment volume as compared to the conventionally powered MINI 3 Door.
With the new Mini Cooper SE, the British brand once again sets a pioneering impetus for urban mobility. 60 years ago, the revolutionary design principle of the classic Mini established the basis for maximum interior space within a minimum surface area. The MINI was launched in 2001 – a modern re-interpretation of creative space usage and unique riding fun that became the original in the premium segment of small cars.
The new Mini Cooper SE: an overview of the highlights.
• First MINI and first small car in the premium segment to run on electrical power only.
• Electric motor with 135 kW/184 hp and 270 Nm.
• Model-specific lithium-ion battery enables range of 235 to 270 kilometres – without constraints in terms of luggage compartment volume.
• Can be charged at a household socket, wallbox or public charging stations, fast direct-current charging possible at up to 50 kW.
• Outstanding agility due to spontaneous power delivery, low centre of gravity, front-wheel drive and wheel slip limiting close to the actuator.
• Acceleration from zero to 60 km/h in 3.9 seconds and from zero to 100 km/h in 7.3 seconds.
• Characteristic design of the MINI 3 Door with model-specific accentuations.
• Model-specific display and control elements in the interior.
• Recuperation can be configured at two levels for individual one-pedal feeling.
• Standard equipment features include LED headlamps, 2-zone automatic air conditioning, heating with heat pump technology, auxiliary heating, electric parking brake and Connected Navigation.