Volkswagen Launches Safety and Infotainment Features Which Were Expected From It
Volkswagen Connect Edition and Four Airbags On VW Cars Launched to make sure it offers the best to its customer
Volkswagen Connect, an intelligent vehicle assistance system introduced for a seamless connected car experience. The app enables users to experience advanced connected features such as trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, driving behaviour, SOS call and much more.
Starting today, customers can now choose a brand new color – Lapiz Blue. Safety has been of paramount importance to Volkswagen, taking it a notch higher the Brand introduces dual front side airbags on the Vento. Across the popular carlines – Polo, Ameo and Vento, Volkswagen launches the Connect edition along with new comfort and convenient features for customers. With the on-going festive season, customers can now avail these offers starting today across all 121 Volkswagen dealerships in 104 cities in India.
Volkswagen Connect is an intelligent, connected vehicle assistant that offers a seamless connected car experience to Indian drivers. The interactive ‘Connect’ app enables users to connect their car to their smartphone through a “Plug and Play” data dongle fitted to the on-board diagnostics (OBD) port of the car. Once installed and connected with a smartphone via Bluetooth, customers can experience advanced connected features such as trip tracking, fuel cost monitoring, driving behaviour and much more.
The Connect® app is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms and is available to download at the Google Play and App Store respectively.
The key highlights of the Connect App are:
1. Trip tracking: Users can track every trip made by the car when the phone is connected to the car
2. Fuel cost monitor: Users can keep a tab on their monthly or trip wise fuel costs
3. Driving behaviour: The driving behaviour monitor enables users to monitor their driving styles. Individual scores are given for acceleration, braking, engine speed, engine temperature etc. for every trip which enables users to improve their driving efficiency by altering their driving style
4. Location sharing: This feature enables users to share their last parking locations with their loved ones even after moving away from that location
5. SOS call: Customers now need not memorize or store the customer care or RSA number. The app can directly connect a call to the helplines from the user’s phone
6. Service appointment: The app can automatically inform the dealership when the customers car is due for service. With this intimation, the dealer workshop can contact the customer proactively and offer an appointment at a convenient time.
Attractive new features across Polo, Ameo and Vento:
· Lapiz Blue color
· Moon stone coloured Radio surround trim
· Glove box light
· Rear USB charging port
· 16“ Portago Gray Alloy wheels
· Chequered seat fabrics – Polo GT
· Leatherette seat fabrics – Polo
·Dual front side airbags
·15“ Diamond cut linas (Allstar) – HL
· Body colour rear spoiler
Price range (in INR Lakh)
Polo 5.55 – 9.39
Ameo 5.65 – 9.99
Vento 8.38 – 14.02
IV. Volkswagen Connect Edition
Highlight Features: Polo, Ameo, Vento
16” Gray Portago
Leatherette Seat covers
Black carbon finish ORVM
Glossy Roof and side foil
Chrome badge „Connect“ on fender
The Connect edition will be available to customers at no additional cost